Holland District Ruritans presented Hunter Ward with a Ruritan College Scholarship at the Driver Ruritan Club. This scholarship will definitely help Hunter when he attends Marion Military Academy and the USCG Academy.
About Hunter Ward.
- Youth member, Driver Ruritan Club
- Accepted at US Coast Guard Academy beginning fall of 2020
- Attending in the fall -- CGAS prep school program for 1 year at Marion Military Institute in Alabama
- Honor roll/National Honor Society student, including AP courses and high SAT scores
- Eagle Scout and “high adventure” leadership experiences
- His Eagle project built support for projects for the Nansemond Indian Tribe,
including building a replica 17th century Indian village on the edge of the Nansemond River
- Delegate 2018 Virginia American Legion Boy’s State
- Avid swimmer, Captain of high school varsity team, also a club team in Suffolk, lifeguarding work
- Personal lawn care business
- His father Jeff Ward, member of Driver RC, is also incoming scoutmaster, Troop 16 (sponsored by, integrated with Driver RC)
- His grandfather Les Ward, member of Driver RC and Asst. Scoutmaster, did the photographs here, does communications for the club.
Jim Henderson, Chairman Holland District Scholarship Committee along with Jim Sampson, Holland District Governor present the scholarship to Hunter Ward of the Driver Club.